Our goal is to become a trusted advisor to your business, protecting its assets and contributing to its success.
We advise business owners throughout all phases of ownership, from starting or acquiring a new business to operating the business to retiring or selling the business.
Through close relationships with our clients, we strive help avoid problems all together or minimize their impact on the business. If litigation is unavoidable or already in process, we advocate for our clients to enforce or defend their rights.
Some of the matters we help business owners with are:
- Choosing the right type of entity to conduct their business through
- Setting up the entity (LLCs, corporations, limited partnerships, etc.
- Setting up professional entities such as PLLCs, professional corporations, and professional associations
- Drafting company agreements which outline the management and operation of the company
- Drafting buy-sell agreements in the event of death, disability, or withdrawal of an owner
- Drafting and reviewing contracts with employees, clients, customers, vendors, landlords, joint venturers, etc.
- Litigating contract disputes
- Collecting receivables owed to the business
- Protecting the business’s confidential information and goodwill through confidentiality, noncompete, and nonsolicitation agreements
- Designing plans to protect the assets of the business and its owners
- Preparing company resolutions and minutes in compliance with company governance;
- Advising the company on legal implications of business actions;
- Acquisitions of assets or other companies;
- Transferring ownership interests by gift or sale;
- Succession planning;
Each business is unique, and the above list does include all of the various issues that will come up in your business. But through our many years serving business clients we have likely encountered your issue before, or, if not, we have the resources to find the best solution for you.
We would love to become a trusted advisor to your business and begin providing value. Contact us to schedule a consultation to discuss your business needs and how we can become a valuable partner to your business.